Paul Washer: Be a Man

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gospel to the Truckers

Praise the Lord! He has given me the nudge to try out the local Pilot truck stop at 170 and 35w. I've had it in the back of my mind for a while to do this but I didn't feel like it was my gifting. You know, I have no education beyond a few college courses. No one at any church I attended had a seminar on "truck stop evangelism". And besides who am I to think I could do such a ministry that only great men of God are suppose to do.

So here I am on Wednesday evening not attending a Wednesday night service of any kind thinking to my self, Ron you idiot, do something!

Oooh, I thought, why not do what scholars do, go proclaim the Gospel! Not only that, but go proclaim it to the truckers, at night, when they are watching tv, or when some are on the internet watching P**N, or interupting them in the middle of adultery with a hooker! PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL to SINNERS! I know most pastors would do the same.

That's what I did. No, I didn't interrupt adulterers in the act but, I interrupted adulterers, murderers, blasphemers, coveters...

I interrupted a conversation of 3 men talking outside their trucks. Two of them took my tracts and the third didn't after I told him what it was. I told them I was a minister of the Lord and I'm am proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. After hem hawing around about worldly conversation I started my conversation. Two of them said they were hungry (IHOP is right there too) and the third kept talking to me. Ken from Mississippiiiiiii had a few question and we parted as friends. I talked to a Chris who I interrupted while he was talking to a friend in his truck. He opened his window, I reached up high to hand him the tract and told him I was out here talking to men about the Gospel and I needed 5 minutes of his time to explain it to him.

By the time I was done it was about 15 minutes and I didn't realize it but the friend left when he knew I wasn't going to shut up anytime soon.

I talked to a few others, one knew he was going to fry in hell because there was no fishing in heaven. I told him based on that conclusion, fishing is god to him and he will fry in hell unless he repents and God does a miracle of salvation in his life.

Praise God for His mercy and grace on my soul. Praise Him for His Spirit to nudge me out after working all day when it's so comfortable in the house. Praise His Holy Name, Praise Him in the morning, Praise Him in the evening, bow down and worship Him.


Psa 69:34
Let heaven and earth praise Him, The seas and everything that moves in them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron - great post! I am glad that the Lord has called you to this truck stop to preach the gospel. I pray He does a same work in me; leading me to a specific harvest field as He has you. Look forward to the SB Outreach - God bless.

My Emails to: said...

Rex thank you for your kind words.
Are you the rex from Denton?

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers