Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Truck Stop Newbie

Jeff Wurtham (not sure about spelling) went out with me to the Pilot truck stop Thursday night. It started out by him coming to my house a little late but still in fine time. As I opened the garage door drops of rain started coming down. By the time we hit 170 it was flood type rain. My mind was at ease because I knew Jeff needed to talk. We arrived at the truck stop only to sit and wait for the downpour to stop. About 40 minutes later it did. Jeff I loved our chat. I told Jeff who has the ability to witness to anyone. I gave him the "big skinny" of what to watch out for and how to approach the trucks. Just little tid bits to be more fortunate out there.
I told Jeff I would be stopping at the truck I pointed to because I noticed the trucker looking at us. I told Jeff the plan and he went on. The first guy I talked to lasted 40 minutes. By the time I caught up with Jeff, he was talking with a trucker. The trucker was inside his cab, Jeff looking in. Instead of going over there I took off to other trucks. I found a guy who probably, maybe, possibly wanted to shrink and die once he started to listen to me.
He was established with his family in a Presbyterian church in SC somewhere. I asked him after I chit chatted if he knew the Gospel. He didn't. I told him that I didn't know his heart and to allow me to explain it to him. He said ok. As soon as I asked him about the dreaded 7th commandment his whole complexion changed. He started out as someone sure about himself then turned to slumped shoulders and looking down a bit. The 7th hit him hard, especially telling him that not only is the act of the 7th wrong but the looking and the pattern of induldging in those things of pictures. Not sure though that my judgment is right but it can't be far off.
Again after getting to know the man better than most would and taling to him in far more candid language than most, I begin unpacking the love of the Saviour Jesus Christ. Under His pain and suffering we can approach the throne of God if we repent turn to Him forsake all that we know and do now to follow Him. Leave no drop of sin behind to meddle in your relationship with Him because Christ left no drop of His precious blood for you.
I left the man after about 30 minutes of conversation to meet up with Jeff. Jeff was still talking with the same man. I think Jeff should have watched the travel channel before leaving his house becuase he was being led down these things called rabbit trails. Rabbit trails lead to one place only, exhaustion. Poor Jeff, he talked to a hard one.

Great words from Christ:
10On a Sabbath Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues, 11and a woman was there who had been crippled by a spirit for eighteen years. She was bent over and could not straighten up at all. 12When Jesus saw her, he called her forward and said to her, “Woman, you are set free from your infirmity.” 13Then he put his hands on her, and immediately she straightened up and praised God.
14Indignant because Jesus had healed on the Sabbath, the synagogue ruler said to the people, “There are six days for work. So come and be healed on those days, not on the Sabbath.”
15The Lord answered him, “You hypocrites! Doesn’t each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it out to give it water? 16Then should not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen long years, be set free on the Sabbath day from what bound her?”
17When he said this, all his opponents were humiliated, but the people were delighted with all the wonderful things he was doing.

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers