Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Meeting the smoking Emmanuel

Praise God, even I can post my own blog. Last night was cold to me so I had doubts I would even go out. The wind was blowing at about 30 mph making it seem like it was in the 20's at times. After deciding that since cold weather would never deter those who are in prison for Christ in China, North Korea, and in some of the Muslim countries, I bundled up and drove to South Lake Town Square.
Needless to say once I arrived at the fountain I noticed none of the other street fishers were there. In fact, there were few sinners enjoying the brisk weather. I knew right away few tracks were going to be given away. Let's just say, I had to think about plan B; concentrate on giving tracts out and not wittnessing so much.
Note: again I will add that I am glad the Gospel is a message that doesn't need eloquence of speech, good looks, or lot's of money. As the umpire would say, strike 3, you're out Ron, you have nothing. But Christ who will use an ass if needed can use me.
Enough blabbing. My highlight of the night was talking to a Korean kid, Emmanuel. Yes, Emmanuel. Of course I never know the background of anyone I talk to so my first question to him was, Do you attend church anywhere? Thinking he was going to say no, after seeing him suck on his cigarette like a slurpee, noticing the tats and ear signage too; he said, yes!
Ok let up on me for one second you Presbyterians, you would have
wondered too.
Emmanuel started to bare his concience to me before he knew who I was, ok.
After admitting to me he thought he was a Christian, I asked him if I could wittness to him as though he were a sinner. He said no problem.
I started by using the Ten Commandments. The 7th, 8th, and 9th are all you need in most cases and of course thats all I needed for Emmanuel.
He understood he was not a good person in the sight of God and a person destined to hell without a Savior. He understood that his sins are transgression of the Law. He understood the Law is a pointer to Jesus Christ the crucified
God. Yes he understood better the work that was done for us through Christ our Lord.
Justification is a big word but, all sinners know what it means after I explain it to them and Emmanuel too.
After only ten minutes of wittnessing I told him a story of how you could tell if you are saved. I'll relate the story another time.
In the end he asked for my name and thanked me. I thanked him for his time and to read the book of John.
Now I ask you, is the smoking Emmanuel saved from the wrath to come, from the one who is Judge of all things?
If anyone else sees this post let me know.


Rev 21:8
"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part {will be} in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers