Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Keller Buddist Temple With My Son Caleb

Last night was a special hard night. I took my son Caleb with me to help with pictures and possible video. So here I am posting with neither ready to show. I do have almost thirty minutes of video to show but I am still working on it.
We started at the Buddist temple, (my neigbors) in hopes as always to witness for our Lord Jesus Christ who has given all of us the mandate to go everywhere to share the His Gospel. My son and I headed toward the temple because someone there told me that they were chanting. After taking off our shoes both of us went in with the video camera. Although I didn't make it evident that the camera was recording, some of the women saw me with it as we entered into the temple. Seeing that they made no advance toward me I continued to record the sites and sounds of their worship to a statue. Made of maybe plaster of paris, wire, and gold paint they all took the kneeling position and chanted the statue made by hands.

Exd 20:3
"You shall have no other gods before Me.
Exd 20:4
"You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth.
Exd 20:5
"You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me,

Once I recorded enough of the worship, I headed outside where I found a woman Buddist by the name of Joy. Joy is Thai. Her parents came from Thailand. She is here attending UNT.
At this point I would like to say, praise God for His mercy on Joy. He has allowed her to live this long to hear the Gospel as clear as she will ever hear it unless the Holy Spirit illuminates her ears and mind.
I wish I could write everything we talked about, but for my sake and those that might stumble onto this site, brevity is what is needed here.
Joy at the beginning of my chat with her felt I thought very nervouse. Again, my son had a camera recording everything she said. She had never seen us and didn't know why we would be asking her the questions about her beliefs and those of our scriptures.
Throughout the chat Joy seemed to be at ease after a while. At first Joy was very sure about her views of Buddism and I'm sure still is. But it seemed to me that once I used the Law and Grace to try to persuade her of her need for a Savior (Christ alone) she became more open to what I was saying to her. Of course that's my opinion. What seemed to me a more hardened Joy at the beginning of our talk, became a more somber Joy by the end of our talk. I hope the Holy Spirit is doing a work so mighty in Joy that she would be surprised by it as much as I would.
Joy promised by the end of our talk that she would read the book of 1 John, all five chapters.
Joy, I hope you do read the whole book, and I will be praying for your salvation.
Thank you Joy for your attentiveness and your politeness to questions most people would cower. You were not a coward, but you proved your mettle.

Luk 15:10
"In the same way, I tell you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."
************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
After our trip to the Buddist temple was over we headed out to the hardened heart of Southlake:
the Town Square. It was there I met a family of JW's. This I must admit went nowhere. I pointed out the 10 commandments to them, and they admitted they were guilty of breaking all the Laws of God. The father said I needed to show them in the Bible the proof of what I was talking about. I asked him back where the commandments are found, he said THE BIBLE! His only argument was I had to show him in the Bible my proof of what I was talking about.
You know, it's obvious why most JW's are low income with no education. Arguments as shallow as theirs show how oppugn those people are.

Pro 14:33
Wisdom rests in the heart of one who has understanding, But in the hearts of fools it is made known.
************************************************************************************
************************************************************************************
Now, I had an opportunity to talk to a false convert, (there you go Tim, I used the phrase) without breaking a sweat. This man that just claimed his pastor of an Episcopal church preached the Gospel could not himself explain in any simple sense the Gospel.
I told him that if he left it up to each person to decide to ask god to save them, them more than likely it will be a god of their own choosing. I told him, once someone chooses the their own god then they will have chosen the wrong god.
Well needless to say, this man's son, being such a big man in his own estimation ended the conversation. They claimed to be Christians. I say that they are American christians.
I say that if you have to qualify the word Christian then you are not a Christian at all.
Why do I use "American christian" to describe this man? Because the word OFFENDED has become the god of choice, the shield of foolishness, and the coward way of saying X is devisive. Only in America where persecution is none existent, OFFENDED is the way for Americans to say they've been persecuted. I persecuted this man by challenging his faith in his idol, and his son's idol.

1Jo 1:6
If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not know the Truth:

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers