Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dallas West End Again

Friday night we went out to the Dallas West End. There were about 13 of us that went out. Quite a few from First Baptist Church in Justin Texas (http://www.fbcjustin.org/) their pastor. I think wow, how refreshing to see your own pastor preach on evangelism but, also do as he preaches. Wow! Jon Speed and Tim Crawford of TLC ministries( http://www.lostcauseministries.com/) organized 2 vans of street fishers. To some it was their first time and others of us it was getting ready for war again. Battle ready warriors, willing to charge in the direction of the devils territory, the lost sinner condemned to hell.
2Cr 10:4
for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.
So this is a battle, so my first encounter was with Brian Mills to the left. Brian lives in the area and I noticed he knew a lot of people at the DWE festival. I talked to Brian for about 45 minutes. Again, at first Brian claimed he knew the Gospel but, again once I asked a few questions, I knew he didn't know anything about the Gospel at all. He knew enough to damn him.
Some of the questions I asked Brian:
  • Do you go to church around here?
  • What do you know about the Gospel?
  • Are you a good person?
  • Do you know the 10 Commandments
  • Would you like to find out if you are going to heaven?

Simple plain questions like this will get a dialogue rolling really fast. Of course there were many more questions I asked Brian. Brian is a sinner as we speak unless he repented turned to Christ, and begged Christ to save him. Brian understood the Gospel because he kept saying "I never heard (the Gospel) it put that way before".

Brian continued to to me how much he understood now. He had many questions for me about the things he had been told. He told me he had the book of mormon at home. I told him to trash it as soon as he got home. I pray that Brian would turn from his sin to Christ. I pray the Holy Spirit would open his eyes that he may see the richness of God's mercy so that God's wrath would not abide on him anymore.

Pray for Brian Mills


Eph 6:12
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual {forces} of wickedness in the heavenly {places.}

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers