Paul Washer: Be a Man

Monday, October 27, 2008

Wal Mart Oil Change and a self Confessed Mormon

I didn't go with the evangelism team on Friday but wished I had. Instead I went to my nephews football game. His name is Nico. They had a sweet ceremony for the parents to be introduced to with their son's. They went to the center of the field so that everyone would know how much their son looked like his parents. Nico did a good job that night. If he had not fumbles a few times, he would have done much better. Now I need to put it on video.
Now the next day was Saturday. I decided to go get the oil changed. All of a sudden changing oil at Wal Mart became a challenge. I dropped off the truck went inside and saw someone waiting for their car. This was about 7:30am. I would have never have shown up that early if I had gone out the night before to witness.
So I see the young miss in the waiting room, and I get an idea of "friendship evangelism" in my head. What if I make friends first with her then slap her with a tract and the Gospel message. Great idea says I. But first I went to the donut dept. to get donuts so I could give one to her so I could make friends. That's what I did. I went back to the waiting room, sat down, pulled out the donuts and asked her if she would like one. She said no thank you. Now what? So I pulled out a tract and said here you go, this is a Gospel tract with Spurgeon on it. She said she had gotten one. She did but not a Spurgeon.
Long story short, she seemed to be a Christian.
While talking to her a man came in an no doubt heard the things we were saying. Once done with the Miss. I truned to him to ask if he would like a donut. He said no thank you. Now what? So I pulled out a tract and handed it to him. Told him it was a Gospel tract. I asked if he went to church, and he said yes, "Im a Mormon." I said great! Chomp chomp chomp I says to myself. Ignacio was his name. He was nice and polite to me. Im a hard guy to be nice and polite to if Im grilling you on your beliefs. Ignacio held his own but was knee deep in water with his legs cut off. He tried to defend the indefensible Mormon church. He couldn't do it and he knows it. He had know defense against God's commandments, no one could justify him. He perverted the Gospel by saying God forgives. Yes He does, just not the unrepentant. Ignacio's gospel is based on works. He was proud to say how good Mormons are, how their lifestyle is morally held in high esteem.
As soon as he told that to me I made his statement a line of demarcation. That's where we are so far apart among many other things.
Eph 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The next doctrine he could not grasp was the Trinity. He would not admit that Christ is God...
1Jo 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, [even] in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Yes God is Christ and vise versa and the Holy Spirit is God and Christ is the Holy Spirit and so on. We do not have the mind of God so we must accept this as Truth because it comes from Him who does not lie.
So about 10 minutes after my truck was done and his too, we shook hands and parted ways. I thanked him for his patience and time.
He put my tract in his wallet. That's hard to do with some of these thicker tracts.
So I missed out on Friday to catch an opportunity on Saturday.
Praise God, Christ, Holy Spirit praise them all and praise them as one.

1 comment:

Jon Speed said...

Dude, that is awesome. Nice job on the friendship evangelism.

At least you tried, bro. This post makes me smile. I believe the term is LOL.

Proof that a non-confrontational doughnut does not work. Just cut to the chase and stop playing games. Amen? Amen!

Tony Miano says "Friendship evangelism is neither friendship or evangelism." I'm with Tony on this one.

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers