Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Friends in Christ are Gold to the Soul


Jeff to the right is kinda new in the faith. He like many of the saints is working out his salvation in the Lord.
Phl 2:12
So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;

Jeff is ready to obey a little commandment our Lord left us before His acsension to Heaven:

Mat 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit...

This is a call to all saints. If Christ be the Groom then we must be the bride, right? If this is true then we should be opening our mouths to warn people about the wrath to come and salvation in Jesus Christ.

So, all this to say is that Jeff is another nugget of gold to my soul as the rest of my like minded witnesses I know. Men who have made a decision to proclaim Christ as often as we can.

Jeff went out again to the truck stop and was glad he did. Last week he fell into the trap laid out for rabbits. This week he witnessed to Anthony and Brian. Both he said were, to say the least, convicted and contrite. Covering the whole Gospel Jeff had great and gratifying conversations with these men.

I spoke with Benjamin, David, and Chester. Benjamin was polite to hold tight until I was done telling him about Christ. David was from the mighty Assemblies of God denomination. Hate to admite it but this was a conversation that I had to end at the Law. This man had so much pride and self righteousness that the word salvation was just another term like mowing the lawn. He admitted to lying but not much more. After telling him he was guilty in all points according to Christ, I asked him to read 1 John and bid him good bye.


Chester was my man for the hour. He was hardened, leathery, and crotchety. Kinda like the man to the left only with a tatoo on his neck he wished he didn't have. Chester claimed to have read his Bible 3 times through. Maybe he did. He said the last time he attended a church was when he was a teen. He has driven a truck for 20 years. Chester didn't know the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. I let Chester know with vivid words that without Christ his eternal fate would be hell. I took him through the Law, then to the Cross. Again he would try to tell me he sought God. I pulled out my Bible to show him Romans 3:10 and down.



RUGS; there is none righteous...none who understands...none who is good...none who seeks for God. Pointing out that none is zero, notha, nothing, zippo. Toward the end Chester says he prays. I couldn't let it go, God's word must be told, even if it hurts. I turned to:
Jhn 9:31
"We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.

Jhn 9:32
"Since the beginning of time it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind.

Do you see this, do you understand this? Just as it has not been heard "anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind", "God does not hear the sinner".

Pro 10:32
The lips of the righteous bring forth what is acceptable, But the mouth of the wicked what is perverted.

How does God answer the wicked man if he calls out to God? I don't know in light of these verses. But God is just and He will answer those He has called to Himself as the publican called out to Christ.
Luk 18:13
And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as [his] eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Chester at the end of our conversation said he used to call on a preacher while on the road. He said he would ask his preacher questions and to pray for him. Chester said that that preacher is dead. Chester said also that maybe I could be like the preacher he called. I told him Chester, maybe I can. You better be ready for answers you may not like. I would never give you fluff to feel good about yourself.

Chester was convicted, he said thank you for taking time to talk with him. God is working on Chester and I hope I get to see him in Heaven.






1Cr 15:58 Another way of saying it: My mother sent wrote this one to me. I needed it.
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.



No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers