Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back in the West End

This is Tim and Clay. I met them in the West End of Dallas on Friday night. They were taking photos of the area for a project of some kind. These guys are special. I handed them a tract and they knew what it was right away (maybe because I told them). They quickly informed me that they were Christians and attended a church in Hurst, Texas. I asked them if they could explain the Gospel to me. They were up to the task. I liked what they said, maybe stumbling a bit but, in the end I think that the virtual Uncle Joe in the scenario I gave them might have understood their explaination of the Gospel. The Uncle Joe of my scenario was a man dying with 10 minutes to live. I asked them what would they say to him? Tim and Clay tried their best, I liked that. They were never rude or impolite to me. They must have good parents that reared them in the Word.
All I asked of them is that they include the Law of God within the Gospel next time. If a Christian is to proclaim the true Gospel, it must include the Law; the 10 Commandments. Those perfect commandments show us our true hatred against a Holy God, and why God must punish us as sinners and send us to a place He made for the devil and his angels; hell, the lake of fire.
Although the Law will not save, it will show us the why the Cross and Christ's sufferings had to take place. We are all transgressors of His Law and He must punish us with His pure and Holy wrath. But God will save us from Himself, to bring us to Himself. He is the only Savior. Praise God for His Law and His Cross.
Thanks Tim and thanks Clay for your attention for the cause of Christ our Lord.

Jhn 19:17
"They took Jesus, therefore, and He went out, bearing His own cross, to the place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha."

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers