Paul Washer: Be a Man

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Cops at My Church

Last Sunday I met Jeffrey Vogel Public Safety Officer for the City of Southlake. I think officer Jeffery thought he was going to have a normal Sunday patrolling Countryside Bible Church. Until he met with me in the lobby just as I came off ushering for someone who didn't show that Sunday. I would not have had the opportunity to meet officer Jeffery if I had not been ready to usher even though ushering was not my responsibility for that Sunday.
Officer Jeffery decided to walk through our lobby at the right time to meet with me. I saw him coming and had decided to stop him to ask if he was a Christian. So I did. As he was coming my way I held out my hand to shake his. I introdused myself and I was off to the races. No, I didn't say "you have a Jesus shaped hole in your heart that only He can fill, no, I didn't even say "you need Jesus". What I did say (in brief) was clear and kind. Once I determined his lack of assurance and lack of knowledge a Christian should have of the Gospel, I led him through the good person test. The test can be found on an earlier blog showing my tracts. After taking officer Jeffery through the Ten Commandments, we headed straight for Grace. He understood his shortcomings and need for Christ to save him.
Psa 84:11
For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly.
Our chat lasted the whole of the service. I thought my pastor was long winded.
I just want it to be known, that I think some brothers in the Lord at my church ought to stop thinking that everyone in our church doors is a Christian, if that's what they think. I would also like to see our flock flock to those they haven't met yet to ask if they are saved. What a grand opportunity to witness inside our church doors.

Psa 28:3
Do not drag me away with the wicked And with those who work iniquity, Who speak peace with their neighbors, While evil is in their hearts.
Officer Jeffery, I am praying for your salvation and your whole family.

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers