Paul Washer: Be a Man

Monday, August 18, 2008

North TX State Fair & Rodeo





This weekend I was at the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo. (http://www.northtexasstatefair.com/) Another fair with lots of food, drink, cowboys and cowgirls. Just a little different than the others around Texas.


Friday night, I hooked up with Jon Speed, and Ben Moore. Again, here at the fair I met Ben who I've never seen before and we became friends instantly. I love fellowship in Chirst Jesus our Lord. I met Art DeLeon who came to relieve us from our shift. Art is another brother in Christ who I just met. How marvelous our Lord is to us.


Prior to leaving I had a great conversation with Elisa and Billy. She claimed to go to a church with her sister but never could explain the Gospel, not even close. Needless to say, both were living in sin. Not married and not concerned, Until I went through the Law of God, the 10 commandments. Elisa seemed to be at least a little nervous when I asked if she ever committed adultery. It was an obvious yes. We parted ways after a while and I gave her a Bible, split at 1 John with the tracts I gave her.


The next day was uneventful until I met up with two confessed atheists, praise God atheists are sinners too. We talked for about 20 minutes with a little help from Tim Crawford. In the end I wanted to reiterate that coming to Christ has no benefit in the sense that money, fame, a good job or anything else like that. I told both of them that God does not have a wonderful plan for their lives. That if the Holy Spirit were convicting them of their sin right now and they happened to repent, their lives could end as Paul, Stephen, or Peter. God is interested in ridding them of their sin once they repent of it and once they turn from sin and turn to Christ Alone. I told them that it was transgression against the Holy Law of God that separates them from God and His eternal reward of life in Heaven.
Here is the famous Brad Snow (the snowman). This is the man who is the web master for Way of the Master (http://wayofthemaster.com/). WOTM is where we learned the method of evangelism we all use. It's also where we all were first pricked in our conscience by not sharing our faith, our Lord and His message of the Good News.
Anyway, you see Brad explaining the Gospel to these girls and they understand. Hey folks, the Gospel is meant to be an easy to understand message. So much so that little kids understand it better than a lot of adults! So if you are shy about telling others about the Gospel, you might consider practicing on kids.

Mat 18:2
And He called a child to Himself and set him before them,
Mat 18:4
"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 18:5
"And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me;

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers