Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Buddiist Monks And Choclate Chip Cookies

Last night before going to South Lake Town Square, I made a visit to my friends at the Buddist Temple.




Here is the name of the temple here in Texas. Nothing to boast about, but here in Texas is the biggest Buddist Temple in the US!

The best thing about having one this big is that I rarely talk to the same monk twice. There are other reasons for this but this is a training hub for monks and turnover is high. Living the life of a monk in training is laborious mentally and sometimes physically. One monk I spoke to said they were all on their fast ( a little juice sometimes.) After talking to him about the Gospel I gave him some choclate chip cookies. So much for the fast.

I'll start leaving updates when I visit the temple. I've been there several times, including at times they celebrate different things within their culture. Inside the temple is a life size wax figure of one of the more enlighten monks inThailand, kind of creepy I think. I will also get more pics inside the temple if I can find one of the monks to let me in.

Here on the right is one of the many signs inside the walls of the
campus.
As you can see, the Gospel is very different than the damning
beliefs of Biddism.

Pray that I always have an open door like I have now. I also need Thai tracts, and I also need to know what the tract say before I hand them out.


Mat 28:18
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Mat 28:19
"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20
teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers