Paul Washer: Be a Man

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Even Scalpers Need the Gospel; Are You Ready For the 2 Minute Gospel?

Ok, I will put one with me, yes the person who loves me the most, me. "Love your neigbor as yourself" I guess I love my neigbor, since I will go out to witness on a cold day without much sleep to talk to someone (new years day 2008) who is not really intersted in the message of the Gospel of Christ. I guess I love myself. Is this self-esteem? NOT!!! Leo is a self admitted scalper. Today it was Cotton Bowl tickets. He was suspicious of me. As soon as this pic was taken he changed his demeanor as though we were a threat to him. No threat Leo. After telling him we were witnesses of Jesus Christ, he settled down a bit.
I asked him right then if I could witness to him. He said "I don't have time", I said give me 5 minutes! He said, I'll give you 2. I'm thinking he just gave me one more minute than I needed, praise God for His exhortation,
2Ti 4:2 preach the word; be ready in season {and} out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.
Christian friend, are you ready? Are you ready for the challenge of giving the Gospel to a sinner who doesn't want to hear the Message of the Gospel? Excuses? Would you say to Leo, oh! you caught me off guard, I need my Bible, this is not the right time, this is not fair, the tract will speak for me, how much are those tickets Leo?, blah blah blah. Today is the day for salvation. We don't know the number of days to live. Do it now, be ready with the answer and you might be the tool used to snatch a soul from
hell!

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers