Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, January 13, 2008

No Parade Here

Here is another friend of mine the Lord put into my life. Koko is his name and lives somewhere in the downtown area where we met on the parade route. Koko is holding a tract I gave him called "Are You Good Enough to Go to Heaven?". I asked if he knew the Gospel, he said yes. Because I don't believe what anyone tells me anymore in our post-modern, emergent time we're in I asked him to explain to me what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. After a few more words just to be sure he knew what the question was, I asked him if I could explain it to him. Koko said yes. He was very gacious to me and gave me the time I needed to clearly explain it.
I took him through the ten commandments the pointer to our righteous redeemer. Once he knew what sin was and who it was he sinned against, a Holy and Righteous Judge who demands that we live a perfect and holy life, he understood the rest. Once he knew he was a lying adultery at heart and all liars and adulterers will have their part in the lake of fire then Christ's sacrifice for our sin's made sense to him.
Again, by using the simple clear Law of God, a Savior makes sense. The perfect sinnless life of Christ now placed on us once we have faith and repent. Have faith and repent, follow Christ in all that He commands. His yoke is easy. Christ paid the penalty for all our sins past present and future.
Do you even care that Koko needs Christ? You call Christ a liar if you sit in your comfortable pew week after week and do nothing.
Mar 16:20
And they went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them, and confirmed the word by the signs that followed.] [{And they promptly reported all these instructions to Peter and his companions. And after that, Jesus Himself sent out through them from east to west the sacred and imperishable proclamation of eternal salvation.} ]

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers