Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, March 16, 2008

I Don't Believe in Hell

This is a shot of Victory Plaza in the shadow of American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas. Lots of events take place here. There are many restaurants and shops within walking distance from the spot this picture was taken.
Turning opposite this photo there is a place a hundred yards away that coffee is served. I found it during Mardi Gras. I needed to locate a restroom really fast. I noticed a coffee shop that had a small line of people waiting for the facilities. I thought if I used their facilities I ought to purchase one of my little habits, an espresso. So after finishing my business, I ordered the espresso and left a tract.
Since that night, I've been there 3 times. Each visit and espresso brought more opportunity to witness as our Lord has commanded. You have to consider that I do not go into a business to witness. I do it on public property only until now.

Enough of that part of the story. Last night, I witnessed to an employee who had read a tract that I left a week ago with another employee! Paydirt! Witness for Christ now, it may not come again. The girl made my espresso, I slugged it down and gave her the tract that started our conversation.
Again, same story of the Law then Grace. She said she heard it all and in varying ways. She was always polite and listened to everything I said and never argued. I think she new what Truth sounded like. After about 20 minutes and one customer interuption, she finally said she did not know that she could believe in hell. She felt that God would not send people to such a place.
I told her she was breaking the 2nd commandent, making a god of her own choosing. Also I explained to her that by her statement she did not believe in justice. If a judge would allow a rapist who raped her mother to go free even though it had been 20 years since the crime was committed, then the judge would be equally guilty of rape! The judge would be a corrupt judge.
I told her God never allows any criminal to go free, He cannot! God is not corrupt, He judges everyone perfectly. Time does not forgive, and good deeds will not either.
I left her with the tract and more tracts on the counter. She did not want her picture taken, so this is all I have is a word picture. I pray that her eyes will be opened and her ears will hear. Christ can save her, too. I will be back.
I had to run to catch my 8:30 train back to Fort Worth. I had another witness encounter on the train. Praise God for His patience with sinners and His saints!

Mar 1:15
"...and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

Mat 10:28
"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. "


No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers