Paul Washer: Be a Man

Sunday, March 9, 2008

This Wasn't in the Training Manual

TRINITY RAILWAY EXPRESS: This is probably one of the best outlets for "street" witnessing that I have found in this area. At least that is what I have begun to think. I have taken the train to the American Airlines Center in Dallas four times. Each of these four trips became witnessing events, and each trip was unique. The major factor that remained the same for these "train trips" has been the vast number of people attending the various events. The first event was a Promise Keepers spectacle, the second was a Van Halen concert, the third was Mardi Gras celebration, and the fourth, last night, was a Mavericks game.
On my way over to Dallas last evening my plan was to just stay on the train to witness. NOT! As soon as I climbed onto the train to find a seat, I saw that most of the crowd was going to the Mavs game. Move to Plan B. I decided get off at Victory Station and witness at American Airlines Center campus. Once I got off the train, I started handing out tracts. I made my way to the center court area just outside the Center. After about an hour and a half of handing out tracts I finally spoke to a couple teens and their father. This eventually lead to a conversation with a scalper who knew the Scriptures at least well enough for an understanding of the Gospel. Better than many at my church. I probed around his beliefs with several questions. I quickly came to understand one of the man's sins, that he could not let go of, was scalping. I told him that it was against the law, but he already knew this. He justified his actions by stating that the Apostles ate the wheat while walking through the field. As John MacArthur would say "Are you kidding me!" Although it was a lengthy conversation, I think it was a good one. He followed me most of the way back to Victory Station until I told him I had to run to catch the train. I think his name is Gerome. If he comments on this blog, then he can let me know for sure.
At Victory Station I met another young man with a skate board. I asked him if he would like to have a tract. He started looking at it. I asked him if he attended church, but his answer was "no." "Why not," I asked? He said he was "just not into it anymore." For brevity's sake, I will have to cut much of the conversation details to a minimum. I asked him if I could explain the Gospel. He started to say, "no I'm good." I gently persisted and informed him that it would only take about 5 minutes. He relented. Praise God for open doors to do the work He has commanded us each to do. We have been commanded to seek and save the lost. My 5 minutes ended up lasting for approximately 30 minutes, yet there was a solid explanation of the Gospel and reasons why we do not need a pope for the forgiveness of our sins. Pray for Jeremy. He was open to the gospel. Now the Holy Spirit needs to work the miracle in his life. I thank the Lord who saved me from my blindness, deafness, and spirtual death to raise me up to life in Him alone. Jeremy will know of whom salvation is given.

Rom 10:14
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

No comments:

Voddie Sets Down the Law

Using the Law in Evangelism

Powerful Words to Describe the Need for more Laborers